Sunday, September 28, 2008

Day 17

Life here is good.
It's a beautiful Sunday. I spent the afternoon at Duke and Harvey's restaurant and treated myself to a chicken dinner with plantain fries while reading a UNICEF report on the maternal and child health mellinum goal. Oh, and I'm wearing a shirt that doesn't smell moldy! Certainly an occasion to celebrate.

Everything mildews here. If it's wet, it mildews. If it was wet, it mildews. Even if it never was wet, I'm sure there's some sort of 'just add water' dehydrated mildew spores all over it. Doing laundry is a dance of putting your wet clothes on the line when there's sun, then sprinting out when it begins to sprinkle a half hour later.

I'm getting used to it; I think I'm finially settling in.

1 comment:

kaiki said...

I got back from Baltimore Comic-con. I got you a little something something.