Friday, October 10, 2008

Day 29

Today I had the opportunity to interview Dr. Atanga, the provincial chief of HIV prevention for the South-West province and the “focal point” of PMTCT in the region. I have to admit the experience was both a little awkward and intimidating. Despite this, the fact that I didn’t have any time to prepare questions, and the Nigerian music videos in the background, the interview went well, I got the information I wanted, and then some, and Dr. Atanga was in general very helpful.
No, I’m not going to post anything about this interview, because it’s embarrassing. I think if Lexi swings by Buea again, I’m going to bribe her with some grilled fish for pointers on interviewing.

Also: I've begun to post the pictures I've uploaded onto my blog, here and there. I'm including some random ones in this post.



Left to right: a cattle drive up Buea road, my room in the guest house, and the view down the mountain early in the morning

5 comments:

Alexis Grant said...

i'm always open to grilled fish bribes!

kaiki said...

God, knowing you I am sure it was -really- awkward. Remember my lessons about being soooo awkward that it radiates from you and you are immune.

Anonymous said...

WE WON HOMECOMING GAME.

34-7.

Sign on to AIM sometime, btw. Or email.

Sam said...

Uh, yeah, thanks kaiki.

Speaking of awkward... :P

Alexis Grant said...

hey! i misplaced your email... email me! alexiskgrant@yahoo.com. thinking of coming back to buea mid week to climb the mountain. is the weather any better? is there anyone else around who is thinking of climbing it - you or other travelers? cheers!