Sunday, August 31, 2008

Tickets + Visa

I finally got my Cameroonian Visa. Well, I got my visa last Monday, and I've had my plane tickets from Ethiopian Airlines for a few weeks, but this is the first time I've gotten to post about it. The visa looks pretty spiffy, actually, and it was much easier to get than I was led to believe.

I also heard that I need both a yellow fever vaccination, which I have, and a cholera vaccine, which I have been unable to find. The cholera vaccine is not technically required, nor is the vaccine itself very effective against cholera, but apparently I may be needed to bribe officials for not having it. I guess I'll find out how true that is.

Also: my plane flight from Dulles International airport to Douala, Cameroon takes three days. That's right. Flight leaves Dulles September 10th at 8pm, arrives in Rome on 11:20am on the 11th, leaves again for Ethiopia at 12pm and arrives at 7pm. After an overnight in Addis Ababa, I leave at 9am to Libreville, Gabon, arrive at 11:40, and the final leg departs at 12:30pm and arrives in Douala at 1:25pm on the 12th. I'm getting tired just typing it. The good news is that reviews on airlinequality.com say that that Ethiopian Airlines has good service and plenty of alcohol. I'm still not exactly looking forward to that flight.

I bought an MP3 player specifically for the flight over. Anyone have any suggestions for good songs to put on this puppy?

No comments: